Covers: Housing, planning, regeneration and public policy. Also leads Building's news analysis section and undertakes special investigations
Follow Joey on Twitter @JoeyGardiner
- Tel: 020 7560 4145
- E-mail: email@example.com
The UK region most hard-hit by the economic crash and the most reliant on EU trade, Northern Ireland is preparing for another body blow as Brexit negotiations threaten to put a barrier between it and its neighbour, the Republic of Ireland
Philip Hammond is not known for showmanship or drama - perhaps that’s for the best, given the wider political and economic upheaval. But the last-ever spring Budget is even more of a mystery than usual
Sadiq Khan is on a crusade to improve London’s air quality and now has construction firmly in his sights. Joey Gardiner reports on the high levels of pollution coming from building sites, the danger they pose to workers, and the pressure being put on the industry to clean up its act
- Crossrail sparks at Whitechapel station get pay rise
- A quiet revolution?
- Strategic advances?
- Industry leaders moot ‘centre of excellence’ funding bid
- Redressing the balance: Women engineers
- Trump’s US-Mexico border wall ‘could cost $31bn’
- 2017: The mists of time to come…
Encouraging noises from government means urban extensions, new settlements and, yes, even eco-towns are back on the agenda. But don’t expect them to arrive any time soon
This week’s publication of the National Planning Policy Framework puts the ball back in the developers’ court
The Climate Change Committee says nuclear is most cost-effective way of delivering low-carbon power and could force ruling Lib Dems to abandon large-scale renewables
- Spotlight now on OFT to defend five-year investigation
- Cabe - why it must keep the name
- Why the Cala Homes' legal defeat shows it's time for housebuilders to wake up to localism
- How do you solve a problem like the Olympic Stadium?
- Halving housing spend? We'll be lucky
- Has CITB been saved from privatisation?
- Is Shapps going to be good news for housebuilders?