Day one. Almost Done.
Here are my top five quotes of the day…enjoy
1) “I think I might just drop my CV off at the door if nothing else,” Olympic Delivery Authority CEO Dennis Hone on his planned visit to the Qatar Pavilion
2) “We have hard liquor. Take the bottle.” Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) CEO, Andrew Altman at the OPLC drinks reception at the Marriott this afternoon, holding up a bottle of J&B
3) “I can’t feel my hands, feet. Or my head.” Overheard - one of the Cycle to Cannes victors mere moments after crossing the finishing line in front of the Palais this afternoon. Surely those are not the parts of his body you would have expected to go numb after a 1500km bike ride, though?
4) “Would you like a chocolate duckling?” Bizarre freebie offering from one of the more obscure eastern european stands in the bunker
5) “It’s 8:30am. I presume you are on your seventh meeting of the day already?” A very unrealistic Ken Shuttleworth this morning on the way in to registration