Grade II wooden church is relocated for the second time in a century
For the second time in its 115-year life, a wooden church in Baildon, West Yorkshire, has been relocated.
The grade II listed St James church was originally transported almost 300km in 1904. However, it has recently moved again, this time just 33m, to make way for a new meeting room, a kitchen and an extension to its garden.
A Kingspan Off-Site TEK Building System was specified for the new extension by architect Wales, Wales & Rawson. It was chosen for its ability to complement the church's original tongue-and-groove exterior.
The extension was constructed in just five days, enabling contractors to carry out internal and external work simultaneously.