Tenth year for m&e industry training awards
SummitSkills has launched the 2010 National Training Awards, an awards scheme celebrating the achievements of the building services engineering sector’s finest talent.
As the Sector Skills Council for the building services engineering (BSE) sector, SummitSkills is looking for outstanding employees in the sector to be nominated for the awards recognising those who have demonstrated exceptional work in the industry.
All sectors within the industry will be represented in these awards with categories in plumbing, electrotechnical, heating and ventilating, as well as refrigeration and air conditioning.
The award categories are:
- Heating and Ventilating Operative of the Year
- Plumbing Operative of the Year
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Operative of the Year
- Electrotechnical Operative of the Year
- Experienced Existing Worker of the Year (Mechanical)
- Experienced Existing Worker of the Year (Electrical)
- Technician Engineer of the Year
- The Happold Trust Bursary
- Alfred Manly Management Award
- Professional Engineer of the Year
Stuart Lyon, Vice-Chair, Summit Skills and Master of Ceremonies for the Awards said: “The National Training Awards scheme recognises and rewards talented individuals in the BSE sector and is a real boost for the sector in difficult times. The importance of training and upskilling the workforce can never be underestimated and these awards highlight the importance of investing in the industry’s future skills.”
The tenth NTA ceremony will be held on Wednesday 17 March 2010 at the British Library, London, with guest speaker Ben Law, an environmental expert as seen in Channel 4’s Grand Designs. The closing date for entries is Thursday 31 December 2009.
Entry forms and an information pack can be downloaded on the SummitSkills website: www.summitskills.org.uk. For further information contact: Margaret McCann on 01908 303 974 or email email@example.com
Electrical and Mechanical Contractor