• Gerflor’s full range of vinyl floorcoverings has received an A+ rating in BRE’s Green Guide to Specification. The products, which include floor coverings for sports, health, education, and retail applications, will help specifiers achieve the highest BREEAM rating for new buildings and reduce the overall impact of projects on the environment.
• Tremco illbruck has published a new guide to its range of industrial flooring systems. Products and systems detailed include floor screeds, floor levelling compounds, solvent-free coatings, epoxy mortars, resin emulsions and degreasers.
• Flooring and cladding specialists Altro has opened a new showroom in Islington, London. The facility features an extensive range of floor and wall products and enables architects, specifiers and flooring professionals to see first hand the product portfolio, as well as getting help and advice on choosing the right products for their needs.
• Fibre-bonded carpet and carpet tile manufacturer Heckmondwike has created a dedicated website www.carpetsforeducation.co.uk, which provides advice on selecting the right carpet for an educational environment. In addition, it includes information on installing the carpet, with “how to” guides and case studies of recent educational projects.
• Monarfloor has won a Robust Detail for its Tranquilt screed isolation system. Made from 95% recycled foam the company claims it is capable of exceeding the requirements of Part E of the Building Regulations – Resistance to the passage of sound - in terms of impact and airborne sound insulation.