Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Ibstock has published literature showcasing its Leicester bricks. Details on the range of standard and crease-textured stock bricks and bespoke blends are included in the brochure as well as ideas to inspire creative designs.
- The US Green Concrete Council has released The Sustainable Concrete Guide – Strategies and Examples, which is available through the American Concrete Institute. The guide provides insights into the best use of concrete in green buildings and includes case studies and technical data.
- Kingspan Insulation has published a technical bulletin, Flooding & Insulation: Steps to Improve the Flood Resilience of Buildings. It provides guidance for improving a building’s recovery time from flood damage and measures to minimise the damage. A key issue for resilience is the ability of insulation to recover from the effects of immersion in water and to return to its expected level of thermal performance as soon as possible after the event.
- The Timber Trade Federation has launched a guide to specifying plywood for construction following the introduction of CE marking to show compliance with European standards. It provides information on the types of constructional plywood available and what specifiers should look for to ensure that appropriate products are used and satisfactory performances are achieved.
- Hanson has published a brochure on its new Structherm Fastbuild system. The rapid, flexible system consists of pre-engineered, reinforced, precast concrete panels that can be used for buildings up to eight storeys high.