• Manufacturing and building materials company Saint-Gobain has added renewable energy product supplier Greenworks to its building distribution division. Operating alongside Jewson and Graham, Greenworks claims to be the first merchant in the UK entirely dedicated to renewable energy products. Products include solar panels, heat pumps, wind turbines, under-floor heating, air-conditioning and ultra-high efficiency boilers.
• Scientific publisher Taylor & Francis has added four books to its sustainability list. Visions of Sustainability provides a scientific framework for assessing buildings' sustainability; Strategies for Sustainable Architecture is a design principles guide drawing on case studies from around the world; Reinterpreting Sustainable Architecture asks how we can make sense of contrasting styles of sustainable architecture; and The Green Braid is a collection of peer-reviewed essays.
• CIRIA Publications has released The SUDS Manual (C697), a 600-page guide to sustainable drainage systems. It covers SUDS from first principles to construction, and updates earlier material.
• Kingspan Insulation has purchased a production line for its Castleblayney manufacturing plant in Ireland. The purchase of two further lines in northern England and eastern Europe is also imminent.
• Midlands-based recycler Mid UK Recycling has developed a commercial process to recycle plasterboard. The company claims the process costs up to 30% less than other methods of disposal and produces no waste.
Specifier 20 April 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers