• Fire safety company Bodycote Warringtonfire has launched the second in a series of guides explaining the latest changes in fire testing requirements. It gives an overview, for specifiers, manufacturers and installers of fire stopping products, of tests required under European technical approval guidelines (ETAG) 026, EN 1366-3.2 and EN1366-4 for penetration, linear joint and gap seals.
• Manufacturer Royde & Tucker has updated its SmoClo fire door brochure. SmoClo is a safety device that closes doors if smoke detectors activate. The brochure includes information about the product, the problems of standard fire doors and details on ancillary hardware.
• The British Standards Institution has published a revised edition of BS 6700: 2006, for services supplying water for domestic use. It covers pipes, fittings and connected appliances, and deals only with low temperature systems.
• Ray Tricker, a consultant with Herne European Consultancy, is releasing the fifth edition of his book, Building Regulations in Brief, in August, which will include guidance on the new Part B for Fire Safety. The author says it is easy to read and eliminates the need to flick backwards and forwards to locate information.
• Robust Details has launched the third edition of its handbook, Robust Details Part E – Resistance to the Passage of Sound. The company says it is the most comprehensive guide yet. It contains 23 robust details, including a solid dense block masonry separating wall, which Robust Details says is the first of its kind to be included.
Specifier 20 July 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers