• The Fire Safety Order, which comes into effect this month, has officially recognised the risks associated with combustible composite panels. With the revision of Part B of the Building Regulations, designers are being asked to complete a fire risk assessment as the first stage of the design process.
• Aquarian Cladding Systems has won a contract with Isosystems of Belgium to distribute exclusively the Gebrik Insulating Brick Cladding system throughout the UK.
• Alumasc Exterior Building Products has gained ISO 14001:2004 accreditation for its environmental management system.
• Trade body Engineered Panels in Construction has produced a guidance document for meeting the requirements of Approved Document L2B (England and Wales), Section 6 (Scotland) and Part F (Northern Ireland) on the use of insulated panel systems. For more information go to www.epic.uk.com.
• Bauclad, a high pressure laminate rainscreen panel from cladding panel supplier CEP has achieved European accreditation with certification from the British Board of Agrément.
• WBS and Amvic Ireland have secured 60-year Irish Agrément Board certification for an insulated concrete formwork system with a silicone thin-coat render finish.
• Architectural aluminium company Kawneer has launched a dedicated architectural support team to advise on curtain walling, windows, doors and framing systems.
Specifier 02 November 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers