• Cembrit Blunn, a specialist in natural and fibre cement slates, now provides data sheets for its entire range. Each sheet provides fixing recommendations, site work guidance and technical specifications. www.cembritblunn.co.uk
• Marley Waterproofing has launched a comprehensive guide to its Polimar roofing system. It provides specifiers and contractors with advice about its liquid-applied products and includes information on use as well as illustrations showing a range of built-up options.
• Roofing membrane maker FDT is supplying the green roofing system for the Meydan Ümraniye shopping and leisure complex in the centre of Istanbul. At 54,000m2, it is the largest green roof of its kind and a first for a shopping centre in Turkey.
• Scottish and Southern Energy has announced a new tariff for householders and small businesses that export power to the electricity network generated through photovoltaic panels on their premises.
The new price will be 18p per kW/h.
• Corus Panels and Profiles has announced that all of its built-up profile products will now carry the CE mark.
• Donaldson Timber Engineering, a supplier of timber roof systems, has been awarded NHBC approval for its structural insulated roofing system.
• The lead sheet industry has introduced the new EN 12588 standard. This European standard is a development of the previous standard but includes additional criteria for areas such as durability, environmental protection and safety.
Specifier 08 February 2008
- Currently reading
Movers and makers