July / August 2009
- Ian Lucas has been given responsibility for construction in Gordon Brown’s latest Cabinet reshuffle. He becomes the ninth minister to hold the post since 2001.
- Phil Buckle has been named as new director-general of the Electrical Safety Council.
- Balfour Kilpatrick’s Bristol office has won the £10m m&e Parc Prison contract in Wales.
- BEAMA has created the BEAMA Domestic Heat Pump Association.
- Ian Humphreys, managing director of BI Electrical Services, based in Northern Ireland, is the new president of industry charity the EEIBA.
- SummitSkills has launched a UK-wide initiative to find people passionate about their work to act as ambassadors.
- CIBSE publication TM50: Energy efficiency in commercial kitchens provides expert advice on reducing emissions and costs.
- Heatrae Sadia has set up an electrical division.
Electrical and Mechanical Contractor