A roofing contractor was to blame for the fire at the Elveden Center Parcs complex in Suffolk on 4 April, according to a report by the Suffolk fire service released this week.
The report says contractors working on the roof tried to contain the blaze, which started above the catering facility at the centre, but were unable to prevent it spreading.

“The fire broke through the wall of Huckleberry’s restaurant and was too well developed for the firefighting efforts of the Center Parcs fire response team,” it says.

A Center Parcs spokesperson would not reveal the name of any construction firms involved.

A statement released by Center Parcs said: “Center Parcs and its insurers are making independent enquiries in addition to the fire officer’s investigation.”