The other members of the 12-strong board are Sir Frank Lampl, chairman of Bovis Construction Group; Mike Jeffries, chief executive of multidisciplinary group WS Atkins; John Hobson, director of the Construction Sponsorship Directorate of the DETR; Sir Michael Latham, who is also a Building columnist; and Ken Shuttleworth, a director of architect Foster and Partners.
The seven new members of the board are:
- Peter Mason, group chief executive of Amec, Britain's biggest contractor
- Mike Griffiths, a director of Land Securities, Britain's biggest developer
- Paul Morrell, senior partner of Davis Langdon & Everest, the world's largest quantity surveyor
- Tony Pidgley, managing director of the Berkeley Group, one of Britain's leading housebuilders
- Peter Johnson, chief executive of Rugby Group, a leading building materials firm
- Mark Aedy, managing director of investment banking, construction and building products at Bankers Trust
- John Morgan, chief executive of top 30 contractor Morgan Sindall, one of the sector's success stories of the decade.