Bellway, Berkeley Homes, Barratt Developments and London & Quadrant Group are among the names shortlisted in the Building Communities Awards 2005.
Almost 40 housebuilders, housing associations, contractors and architects are shortlisted in the 15 categories of this year’s awards.
The Building Communities Awards aim to recognise quality and best practice in private and public sector housebuilding, and this year incorporate two new categories: the Placemaking Award and the Community Consultation Award.
London & Quadrant is also shortlisted in the affordable housing provider of the year category, alongside Dominion Housing Group, Higgins, Keynote and United House.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a celebration dinner in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel, in London’s Park Lane, on Wednesday 5 October.
The full shortlist is:
- Best supply chain or partnering innovation: Higgins, Keepmoat, Mansell Partnership Housing, United House, Widacre Homes and Circle Anglia
- Best training innovation award: Barratt Developments, Higgins, Keepmoat, London & Quadrant, The Unite Group, Willmott Dixon
- Best technical, IT or product innovation award: Bowey Homes, Mansell Partnership Housing, Midas Homes, United House
- Best off-site innovation: Barratt Developments, Fusion Building Systems, Lovell Partnerships, Pace Timber Systems, Willmott Dixon
- Customer service team of the year: Bowey Homes, Mansell Partnership Housing, Midas Homes, Miller Homes, Try Homes, United House
- Urban housing development of the year: Bellway, Broadway Malyan, St George South London and Broadway Malyan, Davis Duncan Architects, Levitt Bernstein Architects, St James
- Rural housing development of the year: Barratt York, Bellway Wessex, Gerald Wood Homes, Midas Homes, Try Homes
- Best public/private partnership of the year: Berkeley Homes, Midas Homes, Widacre Homes and Circle Anglia
- Community consultation award: Berkeley Homes, Broadway Malyan, Keegans, Keepmoat, United House, Wrekin Housing Trust
- The Placemaking Award: Bellway, Higgins, Liberty Property Trust, St James
- Best land, planning and brownfield strategy: Barratt Developments, Berkeley Homes, Keepmoat
- Private sector housebuilder of the year: Bellway, Berkeley Homes, Bowey Homes, Midas Homes, Miller Homes, St James
- Affordable housing provider of the year: Dominion Housing Group, Higgins, Keynote, London & Quadrant, United House