Sustainability Now examines issues such as Passivhaus design, waste, existing housing zero carbon and green entrepreneurs
Building is staging a virtual event tomorrow and Wednesday focusing on how construction and architecture will face up to challenges from this month's Copenhagen climate change conference.
The event, which is free to register for, features a host of live discussions and seminars. It will also include the announcement of the 2009 Green Gurus winners, voted by Building readers to be the most influential sustainable figures in the sector - from engineers to architects, contractors, manufacturers and thinkers.
Sessions at the event include:
- A live text chat with UK Green Building Council chief executive Paul King on industry international solutions to environmental challenges
- A debate with Arup director Peter Head, who is part of a contingent from Arup at Copenhagen this week
- Online seminars on Passivhaus, with speakers including Green Building Store director Bill Butcher, and existing housing, with a presentation from DIY supplier B&Q
- Pre-recorded videos on green case studies, such as the One Brighton flats scheme by BioRegional Quintain and Crest Nicholson and a housing scheme in Basingstoke by Miller Homes
- Further debates and discussions with green entrepreneurs, experts on embodied energy and property.
For more information and to register,click here.