Half of the night’s awards were given to projects outside London
Bloomberg’s new London headquarters has won the best of the best award at the British Council for Offices national awards.
The project which, was designed by Foster + Partners and built by Sir Robert McAlpine, beat out five rivals for the top prize.
The building, which officially opened in October last year, also won the corporate workplace award.
Three of the six winners on the night came from outside London, with projects in Leeds, Glasgow and Sheffield taking out the commercial workplace, fit out of workplace and projects up to 1,500 awards.
Construction law specialist Ann Minogue claimed the BCO’s president’s award.
Minogue, who is a senior consultant at law firm Macfarlanes, was the BCO’s first ever female president between 2006 and 2007.
BCO Award Winners
- ‘Best of the Best’ and ‘Corporate Workplace’: Bloomberg, London
- ‘Commercial Workplace’: Number One Kirkstall Forge, Leeds
- ‘Refurbished/ Recycled Workplace’: Here East, London
- ‘Innovation’: White Collar Factory, London
- ‘Fit Out of Workplace’: Registers of Scotland – SVP Platform, Glasgow
- ‘Projects up to 1,500’: Albert Works, Sheffield