Engineer wins contract to provide services for development of one of world’s largest underground pumping stations
Engineer Mott MacDonald has appointed by the Abu Dhabi Sewerage Services Company to provide services for the development of one of the world’s largest underground pumping stations.
The announcement was made as part of a series of international contract wins announced alongside the government’s infrastructure day at the British Business Embassy, at Lancaster House, in London - one of a number of summits arranged by the UK government to capitalise on the international exposure offered by the London Olympics.
Mott MacDonald’s role will see it provide contract administration and site overview services for the development of the pumping station, which will be over 100 metres deep and will have a peak pumping capacity of approximately 3.3 million cubic metres per day.
Other contracts announced at the British Embassy included:
- Wates Construction International won a contract to build two schools in Abu Dhabi.
- Atkins has won a series of international design contracts and is opening of an office in Malaysia
- BDP has won urban masterplanning and architectural design contracts in China
- Subterra has UK expansion plans after a €180,000 Slovakian contract increases sales of its innovative pipe lining system.
- Bluewater Bio International will announce that it has entered into a technology alliance with Thames Water