A round-up of the latest news in regulations
- The Concrete Centre has published guidance in response to the changes introduced by the Eurocodes; in particular Eurocode 7 which replaces BS8002 and refers to the way that geotechnical analysis is undertaken, and Eurocode 2 which replaces BS8110 for concrete and BS8007 for liquid retaining concrete structures. The guidance examines the design process, planning, construction methods and material selection. Copies are available from www.concretebookshop.com.
- Off-site construction specialist Yorkon has published a technical paper for construction clients and contractors, A Practical Guide to BREEAM - An Essential Tool for Sustainable Development, Design and Construction. The report looks at the purpose of BREEAM, the most recent changes to methodology and assessment, and how off-site construction can add value to the process. To download a copy, visit www.yorkon.info/industryreports.
- BSRIA has launched a new publication, Understanding Acoustic Performance Data. The aim of this guide is to explain what is being measured to obtain acoustic data and why such data is useful. The guide also contains information about the current standards and legislation. It is priced £30 and can be downloaded at www.bsria.co.uk/goto/acousticnonmems.
- Celotex has launched a U-value calculator app, enabling architects, contractors and surveyors to easily find the appropriate insulation thickness and product using an iPhone or iPad. The company says the app has been designed in response to an increased use of the online
- U-value calculator on its website. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple iTunes store.