• LB Plastics has published a guide called Sustainable Architectural Solutions for Schools and Colleges. It provides designers with information on specifying windows, doors and curtain walling.
• Jeld-Wen has published a technical guide to timber windows and external joinery. The guide contains in-depth information on the specification of joinery products to meet the latest Building Regulations requirements and the Code for Sustainable Homes.
• Door and window control system specialist Geze has published two specification guides. The first includes its selection of door closers, window control systems, smoke and heat extraction systems and sliding door fittings. The second focuses on its glass fittings and covers jargon definitions, maintenance issues, glass preparation tips and weights and widths.
• PVCu window maker Duraflex has received approval from Birmingham council for its A-class system for doors and windows.
• Architectural aluminium systems supplier Kawneer has launched an RIBA-approved CPD presentation on air ventilation to help specifiers understand the revisions to Part F of the Building Regulations and their impact on building design and use.
• Dorma’s latest Which Door Control? brochure has been updated to include information on the improved performance of its closers and the latest information on Approved Document M and BS 8300.
• In Who Makes It in issue 20 (23 May, page 75) we stated that the turnover of the Fagerhult Group was £2m. This should have read £200m.