Contracts include building of bridges, sidings and level crossing
London Gateway is inviting contractors to carry out railway works to link to the major new container port and logistics park.
The contract includes:
- Upgrade and realignment of an existing branch
- Construction of culverts and undertrack crossings
- Construction of new reception roads and sidings
- Construction of one new overbridge
- Widening of existing underbridge
- Construction of one level crossing
- Construction of ground beams and rails for rail mounted gantry cranes
- Installation of new signalling system
- MEP systems
Requests to participate must be received by 22nd July 2011. Work is to take about 18 months to complete.
London Gateway is the UK’s newest deep-sea container port, adding 3.5 million TEU capacity, combined with Europe’s largest logistics park, 25 miles east of central London.