Allies & Morrison and Ramboll Whitbybird are among the finalists
Allies & Morrison and Ramboll Whitbybird are in the running to design a new foot and cycle bridge across the River Soar in Leicester, the RIBA announced today.
They will compete alongside four other teams in the second design stage. The shortlisted firms are:
- Allies & Morrison with Price & Myers
- Explorations Architecture with Buro Happold
- Knight Architects with Gifford Bridge Designers
- McDowell & Benedetti with Arup
- Moxon Architects with Arup
- Ramboll Whitbybird.
The designs will be submitted in early February 2009, with the final winner announced on 19 February next year.