The five shortlisted architects include Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and Fielden Clegg Bradley
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and Fielden Clegg Bradley have been shortlisted for the RIBA's Manser Medal.
They will compete alongside three smaller practices for the award, which is given for the best one-off house or major house extension designed by an architect in the UK.
The shortlist for the Manser Medal 2008 is:
- Private house in Belfast by Twenty Two Over Seven
- Halligan House by Simon Conder Associates
- Accordia by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, Maccreanor Lavington and Alison Brooks Architects
- Oxley Park by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Garden Apartment by Gianni Botsford Architects.
The Manser Medal winner will be announced at the RIBA Stirling Prize dinner on Saturday 11 October in Liverpool.
The judges are Michael Manser CBE, former president of the RIBA, Stephen Marshall of Stephen Marsall Architects, Val King of the Rooflight Company and Tony Chapman, RIBA head of awards.