Partnership for Schools announces 13 projects for tender in north of England
Partnerships for Schools has published a list of 13 academy projects in the north of England to be tendered to contractors on its £800m frameworks list over the next 18 months.
The latest projects list follows on from last week’s PfS announcement - which outlined details of the first wave of schemes in the south of England.
In the north of England six schemes will be released to contractors on the framework by the end of July, with a further seven to follow. The projects include schemes in Bolton, Bradford, Liverpool and Birmingham. A full list is below.
Totalling £800m, the schemes will be divided into £550m worth (43 schemes) in the South and £250m (28 schemes) in the North.
Schemes in procurement (June 2011)
- Kearsley Academy, Bolton
Schemes released to the market (June 2011 - August 2011)
- Bradford Science Academy, Bradford
- Sutton High Academy, St Helens
- North Shore Health Academy and Freebrough Academy Redcar & Cleveland, and Thornaby Academy in Stockton-on-Tees
- Nuneaton Academy, Warwickshire
- Priory Ruskin Academy and George Falmer Academy, Lincolnshire
Future schemes (dates to be confirmed)
- A University Technical College (UTC) in Walsall
- Harborne Academy, Birmingham
- De La Salle Academy, Liverpool
- Cleethorpes Academy, North East Lincolnshire
- Ormiston Bolingbroke in Halton, George Salter Collegiate Academy, Shireland Collegiate Academy and Ormiston Sandwell Community Academy in Sandwell, and Bennerley School in Derbyshire
- Maltby Academy, Rotherham
- South Staffordshire Community Academy, Staffordshire