The selected teams are led by:
- Architects Building Design Partnership and Bauman Lyons
- Property consultant DTZ Pieda Consulting with consultant engineer JMP Consultants, and architects Taylor Young and Halliday Clark
- Consultant Halcrow with the University of Bradford
- Architect Llewelyn-Davies
- Planning consultant Shared Intelligence with architects CZWG, Colin Buchanan and Partners, Priest Woodward Associates and Eagland Planning Associates
- Planning consultant Urbed with architect Penoyre & Prasad, and consultant Arup.
The project brief calls for the teams to conduct research before considering redeveloping gap sites and the potential for tall buildings in and around the city centre.
The brief also calls for more modern retail facilities, better transport links, improvement to road and rail corridors and a commitment to quality urban design. More radically, it suggests branding the city, which could be used on signposts and community buildings, citing the Walt Disney resorts in the USA as an example.
Bradford is also considering creating an urban regeneration company to deliver the plan.