The men were found dead in a container last week on a building site near Reading owned by St James Homes

The three builders who were found dead in a container last week have been named.

Kirpal Singh, 30, his cousin Manjit Singh, 35, and Gurdeep Singh Deol, 21, all of Southall, West London, died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to initial police findings.

The men were found on a dead in a storage container last Friday on a site in Whitley near Reading on which they were employed. It is though that the three men were in the container voluntarily and may have used a generator to keep themselves warm.

The building site where the bodies were found is run by St James Homes. It has declined to comment.

The Health and Safety Executive is helping the police investigate the men’s death.