Hopkins’ 2012 venue leads the pack of six finalists for the architectural gong
Architect Hopkins’ London 2012 Olympic velodrome is 2:1 favourite to scoop this year’s Stirling prize after the shortlist was unveiled this week.
The five other schemes are:
- the Evelyn Grace Academy, London, by Zaha Hadid
- An Gaelaras cultural centre, Derry, Northern Ireland by Derry by O’Donnell + Tuomey
- the Angel Building, London by AHMM
- Folkwang Museum, Essen, Germany by David Chipperfield
- the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon by Bennetts Associates.
The winner will be announced on 1 October at the Magna Science Adventure Centre in Rotherham, a previous Stirling prize winner.
An Gaelaras cultural centre
Evelyn Grace Academy
Royal Shakespeare Theatre