Shortlist announced for the ACE’s European CEO Awards 2011
WSP and Mott MacDonald’s bosses are in the running for the prestigious European CEO Awards 2011, run by the Association for Consultancy and Engineering’s (ACE).
Chris Cole and Keith Howells are the only UK names on the ten-strong shortlist.
The awards – launched for the first time this year – will be presented at an invitation-only dinner in London on 8 November.
The judging panel was chaired by Professor Roger Flanagan of the University of Reading. Professor Flanagan said: “The consultancy and engineering sector is fortunate to have a wealth of strong leadership.
“This has been demonstrated through the tough economic conditions that have affected the construction industry across Europe.”
The full shortlist is –
- Pablo Bueno, TYPSA (Spain)
- Chris Cole, WSP (United Kingdom)
- Jerry Grant, RPS (Republic of Ireland)
- Keith Howells, Mott MacDonald (United Kingdom)
- Flemming Bligaard Pedersen, Rambøll (Denmark)
- Peter Rejler, Rejlerkoncernen (Sweden)
- Henry Rowe, Royal Haskoning (United Kingdom)
- Jorge Sendagorta, SENER (Spain)
- Mats Wäppling, SWECO (Sweden)
- Jonas Wiström, ÅF (Sweden)