Responsible for the projects section which covers architecture and technical. This includes regulations, sustainability, innovation and best practice. Thomas also looks after the economics section of the magazine.
Follow Tom on Twitter @tlanebuilding
- Tel: 020 7560 4176
- E-mail: email@example.com
Fourth time lucky for Allford Hall Monaghan Morris with surprise winner Burntwood School
We can’t predict the future, but we can detect certain trends. Here are four that will fundamentally change the way we live
Cross-laminated timber is fast establishing itself as a quicker, greener alternative to concrete or steel structural frames. With the market growing threefold in the past two years, is it time to consider it a genuine rival to the big two?
- Glasgow's Mackintosh building damage 'considerably less than we dreaded'
- ICE London Engineering Awards winners: Capital schemes
- BIM: The inside story three years on
- Creating the Design Museum's new home
- On the waterfront: Royal Docks green design competition
- Ecobuild 2014: Adapt to achieve
- It pays to go zero carbon
Allowing housebuilders off the hook of having to find green energy to power homes appliances looks like a gift to the industry. But is it?
This is the only government initiative targetting the energy efficiency of existing homes but it should be seen as just the start…
BRE’s Victorian Terrace Retrofit project showcases very sensible innovations that will cut carbon in existing housing stock
- Foster opens up a bright spot in Kazakhstan
- Timber frame insurance controversy: Building responds
- A good day for gloom-mongers
- In with the old
- The government's greenprint
- Playing by the regs
- Welcome to Building's expert economists