There seems to be much debate and difference of opinion about how to claw back excess profits as a result of granting planning permission (17 February). Is a strategy based on the following a possibility?
- The government or authorities buy up sites for future development (compulsory purchase and at appropriate market rates)
- Provide basic infrastructure
- Grant planning permission
- Sell at an appropriate market rate
- Allow purchasers to propose planning permission they would prefer (an alternative price is acceptable).
No name supplied