I am a great admirer of Sir Michael Latham, but I refer you to my article “Shopfitters of the World Unite” (23 February, page 38).

If we continue to allow the 30% who believe it is their divine role to set the agenda for the other 70% to lead then the term partnering will continue to be the most abused word that has graced our industry for a long time.

Robert Hudson, director, National Association of Shopfitters