This iPhone convert gets easily lost in blogs and rates WhatsApp, allowing her to stay in touch with friends and family abroad
What is your favourite website?
Without a doubt my favourite website has to be www.bbc.co.uk. It is extremely user friendly while containing a vast amount of information and iPlayer is just brilliant for a quiet night in.
What is your worst digital habit?
Getting lost in blogs. People I follow on Twitter have opened up a world of interesting articles and thought pieces from both the digital communication and property communities. I could spend hours just browsing through them all.
iPhone/Blackberry/Android. Which side are you on?
Ultimately I am an iPhone convert as I couldn’t do without it in my day to day life. However, I find Blackberry better for work as the emailing and calendar functions are more efficient.
Are you into social networking? (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook etc)
Yes, as Director of Communications & Events at the BCO we’ve been working hard to increase our presence on Twitter and LinkedIn predominantly. Social networks are a great way to communicate with our members and keep abreast of what the industry is thinking.
Are you on Twitter? If so who do you recommend to follow?
The BCO has two twitter accounts; our main account is @BCO_UK and our BCO NextGen members keep in touch using @BCO_NextGen.
There are far too many people we could recommend. We use the site as a news resource as much as anything - and it’s great that Building and other property titles have their whole teams tweeting.
I will mention:
- @2degreesnetwork - a community of sustainability professionals around the world with a very interesting blog
- @thisbigcity - Tweets about urban design, architecture, technology, transport and the bicycle from founder of the award-winning sustainable cities blog This Big City.
- @bbcbreaking - best way to be on top of the news as it breaks
- @wireduk - for the gadget/technology junkies out there
- @LDN - everything you need to know about London & a little bit more
- @Queen_UK - a very different and amusing take on the world today
What is your favourite app?
I’m a commuter so it would have to be UK Train Times, closely followed by WhatsApp which allows me to text friends and family abroad for free!
What is your preferred means of communication? (eg. Email, phone, face to face, text etc)
All of the above…it depends on the message and the person you’re communicating to.
What did you last buy online?
A wig (black bob) for a fancy dress costume.
PC or Mac?
Guilty pleasures: Most played tunes from iTunes/Spotify?
- Do your thing, Basement Jaxx
- L.O.V.E, VV Brown
- The Onion Song, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Fiona Frost is director of communication and events at British Council for Offices (BCO)