Dundee Sheriff Court has fined engineering firm Mitie £300,000 after an employee died while working on a live wire.
26 year old electrician Michael Adamson was electrocuted and died while working on a live wire at a JJB Fitness Centre. The wire was marked as “not in use”.
The company was found guilty of breaching health and safety laws over Adamson’s death.
Mitie MD William Mitchell, operations director Scott Wallace and project and technical services manager Ian Storrar, all senior Mitie employees, were cleared of neglect earlier this month.
Building Sustainable Design