Contractor Amec has set up a pharmaceutical facilities division with its French associate, electrical services company Spie.
Amec Spie PharmaChem will provide planning, design and delivery services for drug development and production. It will be based outside Paris.

Amec owns 48% of Spie, and has an option to buy the remaining 52% in 2002.