Coastal towns Sandwich, Newquay and Great Yarmouth among areas picked by ministers
The government has announced 13 new “enterprise zones” in England in a bid to boost economic growth.
The zones will each have lower levels of planning control, cheaper business rates and superfast broadband.
The government has chosen the following areas:
- Daresbury Science Campus in Warrington
- Newquay AeroHub in Cornwall
- The Solent Enterprise Zone at Daedalus Airfield in Gosport
- Rotherwas Enterprise Zone in Hereford
- Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent
- Enterprise West Essex in Harlow
- Science Vale UK in Oxfordshire
- Alconbury Airfield in Cambridgeshire
- Great Yarmouth in Norfolk
- Lowestoft in Suffolk
- Northampton Waterside
- MIRA Technology Park in Hinckley Leicestershire
- Humber Estuary Renewable Energy Super Cluster
The enterprise zones previously announced were: Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Derby, Nottingham, the Black Country, the Tees Valley, the West of England and the North East.