Kier wins Nottinghamshire schools taking its tally to four batches, the most of any contractor
Kier has seen off competition from Wates for a £44m batch of capital-funded schools in Nottinghamshire.
The batch, which comprises six new schools in Newark, Serlby and Mansfield, came to market through the publicly-funded element of the Priority Schools Building Programme (PSBP).
The Education Funding Agency confirmed this week that Kier had been selected as the preferred bidder for the batch, which is the firm’s fourth batch of priority schools, the most of any contractor.
Kier beat Wates to the batch, which includes the following schools:
- Newark Academy, Newark - secondary academy
- Serlby Academy, Serlby - all through primary and secondary academy
- Annie Holgate primary, Hucknall
- Abbey primary, Mansfield
- Flying high Academy at Ladybrook, Mansfield - primary academy
- Wainwright primary academy, Mansfield
Earlier this month, Building revealed that Miller Construction had won a £120m batch of privately-financed schools in the North-east.