The winner of the RIBA Stirling Prize will be announced at 9pm at Old Billingsgate, London and live on Channel 4
Now in its 13th year, the RIBA Stirling Prize in association with The Architects' Journal and Crystal CG. is awarded to the architects of the building that has made the greatest contribution to British architecture in the past year.
The six buildings competing for this year's title are:
- 5 Aldermanbury Square, London by Eric Parry Architects
- Bodegas Protos, Spain by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Fuglsang Kunstmuseum, Denmark by Tony Fretton Architects
- Kentish Town Health Centre, London by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Liverpoool One Masterplan, Liverpool by BDP
- Maggie's Centre, London by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
This year, the £20,000 cash prize will be donated by the Marco Goldschmied Foundation, which is set up by former RIBA President Marco Goldschmied.
Currently, the Foundation supports the Stephen Lawrence Prize, which encourages fresh talent working with a budget of under £1 million.