Senior project manager competes for Jaguar 2008 Woman of Achievement Award
Carol Bell, senior project manager at consultant Robinson Low Francis, has won the Women in the City Award in the property category.
She will now compete amongst the eight London-based business women finalists for the overall Jaguar 2008 Woman of Achievement Award.
The annual award recognises excellence and celebrate the achievements of senior and partner-level professionals working in the City of London, Canary Wharf, and Mayfair.
Gwen Rhys, chief executive of Networking Culture and creator of the Women in the City Awards, said: “Despite the credit crunch London remains one of the most competitive financial marketplaces in the world.
“These Awards throw a spotlight on these women and the role they play in directing and shaping the future of our great city.”
The 2008 Category winners for the eight professional services are
• Accountancy: Kathryn Britten, BDO Stoy Hayward
• Alternative Investment: Trish Barrigan, Benson Elliot Capital Management
• Facilities Management: Lisanne Schloss, Morgan Stanley
• Financial Services: Dr Denise Pollard-Knight, Nomura
• Insurance: Amanda Blanc, Towergate Partnership
• Legal: Diana Good, Linklaters
• Management Consultancy: Sara Caplan, KPMG
• Property: Carol Bell, Robinson Low Francis
Prof Susan Vinnicombe, judging panel chair and director of the Centre for Developing Women Business Leaders at Cranfield University, said: “The quality of all the applicants was extremely high and the short-listed candidates present the very best exemplars of women who excel within their chosen professions and, at the same time, champion the progress of women and make a real difference.”
The award will be presented on 28 November at the 6th Annual Women in the City Lunch held at Plaisterers’ Hall, London.
For more information on the awards visit Women in the City Awards.