Staff will remain in-house after emergency talks with Metronet
The three-day strike by tube maintenance workers has been called off, according to the Rail Maritime and Transport Union (RMT).
The union had been in emergency talks with Metronet since announcing yesterday its decision to stage a three-day walk-out starting from Sunday.
The dispute blew up over the maintenance firm’s decision to send staff to work for parent company Bombardier, but the staff will now remain in-house, according to the RMT.
RMT general secretary Bob Crow said: "Our Metronet members deserve congratulating for standing solidly together to defend their organisation, jobs and conditions and to prevent further dangerous fragmentation."
A Metronet spokesperson said: "We welcome the RMT’s decision to call off the strike. It was a compromise deal that we feel satisfied with."