Seven teams have been shortlisted to design the handball arena for the 2012 Olympic Games, the last permanent venue to be tendered. It is the first time Make Architects has been shortlisted on an Olympic venue.
The full shortlist is:
- Bligh Voller Nield, Patel Taylor, Arup, GHD
- David Morley Architects, Max Fordham, Buro Happold, Fabrik
- dRMM, Fulcrum Consulting, Michael Hadi Associates, Vector Foiltec
- Grimshaw, SKM Anthony Hunts, Buro Happold
- Make Architects, PTW, Arup
- Schmidt Hammer Lassen, Arup, Royal Haskoning UK
- Sports Concepts, Reid Architecture, Faber Maunsell.
The ODA expects to name the winner later this year.
while the procurement of a contractor would begin in early 2008. Construction is expected to be completed in 2011.