Shortlisted designs by likes of Alsop, Foster and Grimshaw will be judged on innovation, aesthetics and 'wobble factor'
Will Alsop and Foster + Partners are among the shortlisted entries for the Architectural Jelly Design Competition announced today.
Architectural foodsmiths Bompas & Parr will transform the submitted design materials into jellies to be judged on 9 June as part of the London Festival of Architecture.
Each entry will be judged on innovation, aesthetics and "wobble factor".
The winner will be announced on 4 July during the architectural jelly banquet.
The competition is part of a series of events across the festival that explore relationships between food and architecture.
The full shortlist is:
- Atkins - Wheatgrass and Lime Jelly
- Austin + Mergold - Russia: a delicious history
- Walter Chefitz - Opening Flower Jelly
- Foster + Partners - Top Secret Jelly
- Grimshaw - Eden Jelly
- Iain McCaig - The Orangelly
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners - Barajas Jelly Airport
- SMC Alsop - Jelly
- Tonkin Liu - Fresh Flower Jelly
- Chrysostomos Tsimourdagkas - Jellyland