Here are some of the questions from the Building Quiz - test your colleagues or just yourself to discover your quizzing prowess. Put those phones away now…
This is the year that was…
- The first scheduled direct flight from Australia to the UK took place this year. Which city did it take off from?
- Who resigned as Brexit Secretary on 8 July?
- On 3 July, 23.6 million viewers watched England win their first World Cup penalty shoot-out for some time – against who?
- The first statue of a woman was unveiled in Parliament Square this year. Who was it a statue of?
- On 4 November, Ross Edgley became the first person to do what?
- The European Community was created in 1957 by which treaty?
- Who succeeded Charles de Gaulle as French president?
- What is the official language of Liechtenstein?
- What is the longest river in Britain?
- What was the Portuguese currency before joining the euro?
- How many players are there on an Olympic curling team?
- In which year did Maradona score a goal with his hand?
- What is the largest stadium in the world?
- What year did the Five Nations Rugby Championship become the Six Nations Rugby Championship?
- In which country is the Interlagos F1 circuit?
- Which actor played Marty McFly in the Back to the Future trilogy?
- Who was the folk singer and pop star who changed his name to Yusuf Islam and converted to the Muslim faith?
- Which British adventurer was appointed the youngest ever chief scout at the age of 35?
- Sue Townsend wrote a diary about which boy aged 13 ¾?
- Who was co-founder and lead guitarist of the band REM?