Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Redland is offering one-day courses on how to install its new roof-integrated solar photovoltaic systems. The course will give roofing contractors and solar panel installers the opportunity to install a range of panels with different tile types, as the system has been specifically designed to integrate with eight of the company’s most popular tile ranges.
- Deeplas, manufacturers of PVC and uPVC flashings, soffits and fascias, has launched a dedicated website: www.deeplas.co.uk. It provides access to downloadable literature and a “find an installer” facility.
- Glidevale, supplier of thermally efficient building and roofing membranes, has introduced an accredited SAP calculation service to provide advice on ensuring a building complies with Part L of the Building Regulations and the Code for Sustainable Homes. The service also provides a calculation of the energy performance of the building.
- The National Trust in Wales is working with Rockwool, producers of stonewool insulation, to boost thermal insulation at seven of its castles and mansions. The move is part of the trust’s bid to cut fossil fuel use by 50% by 2020.
- BRE has awarded an A+ rating to Marley Eternit’s fibre cement profiled sheeting in its Green Guide to Specification. According to the company, it is the only fibre cement profiled sheeting range that is manufactured in the UK. This means it has a reduced carbon footprint in terms of transportation miles.