• Finnforest has announced the launch of its Finnframe 3.0 software package. It can be used in the design and conversion of floor plans into 3D visualisations. www.finnforest.co.uk
• Lafarge Cement UK has released the final design and costing feasibility studies for its proposed cement works in Holborough, Kent. The plant would have the capacity to manufacture 1.6 million tonnes of cement a year and would be well placed to meet the needs of projects such as Crossrail and the Thames Gateway.
• The Precast Flooring Federation has launched two technical data sheets, the Building Regulations Approved Document A: Structure and Precast Concrete Flooring Solutions to gas contamination. These can be downloaded at www.pff.org.uk
• Natural stone specialist Tino has relaunched its website www.tinostone.com. It includes technical specifications of commercial and residential projects around the world.
• Tyco Thermal Controls has published a four-page colour guide to its recently expanded range of electric snow-melting systems. It offers practical and technical information about different systems. www.tycothermal.com
• Ancon Shearfix has launched a technical design support service for its Shearfix system. This is used within a concrete slab to provide additional reinforcement around column heads, hence protecting the slab from the effects of punching shear. www.ancon.co.uk
Specifier 25 January 2008
- Currently reading
Movers and makers