Chichester Gallery wins three awards at the 2007 Brick Awards including the Best of the Best award
A new gallery wing in Chichester by Long & Kentish Architects has scooped the Best of the Best award at the 2007 Brick Awards after winning the the Best Landscape Project and Best Public Building Awards.
The brickwork contractor for Pallant House Gallery New Wing in Chichester was ART Property Developments, which used Charnwood Forest and Dark Victorian Red bricks on the Pallant House Gallery New Wing, Chichester. The garden design was carried out by Chirstopher Bradley-Hole Landscape.
The Special Award was won by Poplar Cottage in Suffolk designed by Dow Jones Architect, while best international project was won by the Het Marnix sports centre in Amsterdam.
Miller Homes won the volume Housebuilding Award for its scheme in Bicester designed by BBLB Architects, and Best Public Housing Development.
Reussir clinched the overall Specialist Brickwork Contractor of the Year Award.
The nights other winners were:
- Best Private Housing Development: Quayside Lofts, 56-64 Close, Newcastle-upon Tyne
- Best Public Housing Development: 62 - 99 Schoolhouse Yard, London
- Volume Housebuilding Award: Miller Homes Projects
- Best Commercial Building: GMPTE Headquarters, Piccadilly Place, Manchester
- Best Public Building: Pallant House Gallery New Wing, Chichester, West Sussex
- Best Refurbishment Project: Louise T Blouin Institute, London W11
- Sustainability Award: Two Houses , London N16
- Innovative use of Brick and Clay Products: Hanson Eco House, BRE, Watford
- Best Craftsmanship Award: Restoration of External Fabric Board of Graduate Studies, Cambridge