A round up of news from manufacturers regarding sustainability products
- The NHBC Foundation has published a guide to using recycled and secondary aggregate called The Use of Recycled and Secondary Materials in Residential Construction. It provides an overview of the two types of materials. To download a PDF, go towww.nhbcfoundation.org/recycledmaterials
- BSRIA has launched the third edition of its document BSRIA’s Design Framework for Building Services (BG6). It now contains new material to help project teams agree and allocate design activities that are related to BIM. The guide is priced at £50 or available as a free download to BSRIA members from www.bsria.co.uk
- Mitsubishi Electric has joined up with Environmental Design Solutions, adding to its software that will help see the energy implications of the type of heating, cooling and ventilation equipment it plans to install. Called Tas (Thermal Analysis Simulation) it analyses and predicts the thermal properties of a building’s design and predicts building energy consumption.
- Sustainable Building Solutions, part of the Travis Perkins Group, has developed a series of LABC registered video animations that detail how to build within efficiency regulations using traditional building methods. The first four animations are now available to view on the SBS website and further installation videos, featuring retrofit projects, will be released in the near future.
- EcoTherm has produced a free U-value calculator, which provides a guide to the thickness of its insulation products needed to meet U-value requirements for roofs and walls. Register online at www.u-value-calculator.co.uk for free use of all EcoTherm Toolbox tools.