The National Federation of Builders (NFB) has unveiled a countrywide series of programmes to train a network of BIM champions
NFB Business & Skills, the federation’s training and development arm, is running the programme at 12 locations across England and Wales. The five day programme, which will be delivered over five months, is designed to enable individuals within organisations to lead the implementation of BIM within their organisation.
The sessions will target individuals who should have a basic knowledge of BIM and are able to influence the implementation of their organisation’s response to BIM.
The programme will:
- provide a detailed understanding of BIM;
- deliver a structured understanding of the government’s framework for BIM to enable the champion to map their own process against best practice
- provide the BIM champions with the tools and techniques to influence behavioural change in their organisation;
- enable the BIM champions to develop a BIM strategy to guide their company towards becoming BIM ready;
- provide attendees with a CPD certificate as recognition of the CPD hours earned.
The sessions will be run in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Crawley, Oxford, Preston, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Newmarket, North Wales and Southampton.