Peter Rogers and Roger Madelin are awarded CBE while Stef Stefanou picks up OBE for services to construction
The three topped an elite list of industry personalities recognised in the New Years Honours list. Rogers and Madelin have both been awarded the CBE for services to construction and sustainable development respectively, while Stefanou was awarded the OBE for services to construction.
Rogers, as chairman of the Strategic Forum Olympics task group, has been heavily involved in establishing best practice initiatives on 2012 projects. He stepped down as chairman of industry improvement body Constructing Excellence last year, and has also recently been appointed to troubleshoot the £185m Ascot redevelopment.
Other industry professionals honoured in this year’s list include:
- Professor Haig Gulvanessian, the former director of the Building Research Establishment, awarded a CBE for services to the construction industry
- David Lock, chairman of the Town and Country Planning Association, awarded the CBE for services to Urban Design
- James Gill, chief executive of Liverpool Vision, awarded the OBE for services to regeneration.
- Kyle Alexander, chief executive of Laganside Corporation, OBE for services to regeneration in Northern Ireland
- Sue Foster, assistant director, Regeneration and Planning, London Borough of Hackney, OBE for services to planning
- Richard Murphy, OBE for services to architecture
- Professor Geoffrey Peter Meen, University of Reading, OBE for services to social housing
- Professor Colin Porteous, Senior researcher, Mackintosh School of Architecture and the Glasgow School of Art, OBE for services to architecture
- Susan Price, former executive director, Groundwork Wales, OBE for services to regeneration in Wales