Conran and Partners, de Rijke Marsh and shedkm are among the architects on the competition shortlist for a 29-acre Millennium Community in East Manchester.
Seven teams have made the shortlist of Urban Splash’s New Islington Architect and Developer Competition.
The winning team will develop a 6,750m2 plot at the 29-acre Millennium Community in East Manchester and is expected to be announced on 11 November 2004.
The shortlisted teams are:
- Angel Property with Spacecraft Architects
- Igloo Regeneration Partnership/Aviva with de Rijke Marsh Morgan Architects
- Grosvenor Investments with Squire and Partners Architects
- Oregen (R-Gen/Nikal) with Mecanoo Architects
- Taylor Woodrow Developments with shedkm Architects
- London and Newcastle with Hawkins Brown Architects
- City Lofts Group with Conran and Partners Architects.
Nick Johnson, development director at Urban Splash said: “The 25 entries we received were very strong and from some outstanding teams.”
Tom Russell, chief executive of New East Manchester added: “The quality of the teams short listed for this competition reflects the growing interest and enthusiasm being generated for New Islington and New East Manchester.”
New Islington is one of the seven Millennium Communities managed by English Partnerships.