Lorraine Baldry will head up the Olympic Planning Committee which includes ODA planners and 'on loan' local authority staff
Lorraine Baldry, chair of the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation, will head up the Olympic Planning Committee.
Baldry will chair the eleven-strong team, which also includes a mixture of planners directly employed by the ODA and planners 'on loan' from local boroughs.
The full team includes:
- David Taylor, co-founder of Silvertown Quays Limited, in the role of deputy chairman (an ODA board member as well as Baldry)
- Rofique Ahmed, councillor with Tower Hamlets Council
- Conor McAuley, councillor with Newham Council
- Geoff Taylor, councillor with Hackney Council
- Terry Wheeler, councillor with Waltham Forest
- Mike Appleton, director with regeneration company Cibitas
- Celia Carrington, deputy chief executive if Swindon Council
- William Hodgson, a Hackney-based architect
- Janice Morphet, visiting professor of Planning at the Bartlett School of Planning, London
- Dru Vesty, board member of the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation
Baldry said the team would be kept on its toes. She said: “The ODA Planning Committee will work with local authorities and local communities to make sure that London 2012 delivers a great legacy as well as a great Games.
“We have assembled a Committee with wide-ranging and substantial expertise in regeneration, architecture and sustainable development, with individuals who have significant understanding of and involvement in the local area. There will be a lot to do, but we are ready to go.”