New awards recognise positive contributions in areas of people strategy and net zero
The Building Awards has announced two new categories as it launches for 2022.
This year’s awards ceremony, which will take place on 1 November at the Grosvenor House hotel in central London, will feature 20 categories in all.
Previous winners include Cundall, Turner & Townsend, Mace, Morgan Sindall and Sir Robert McAlpine.
As part of the 2022 programme, entries are now open for the Every Person Counts – The People Strategy Award.
This new award builds on our Every Person Counts campaign to shine a spotlight on all those companies and organisations that have innovated staff recruitment and retention practices in response to rapidly changing working patterns post-pandemic.
There is also the new Net Zero Award designed to highlight UK projects and initiatives that are playing a key role in achieving environmental goals.
The deadline for all 20 categories is 17 June and the full list is below.
Building Awards 2022 category list
- **New Category** Net Zero Award, sponsored by Aecom
- **New Category** Every Person Counts – The People Strategy Award
- Architectural Practice of the Year
- Building Magazine Project of the Year, sponsored by Aluprof
- Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year (100 staff or over)
- Construction Consultant/Surveyor of the Year (fewer than 100 staff)
- Contractor of the Year (up to £500m)
- Major Contractor of the Year (over £500m)
- Delivering Social Value Award
- Digital Excellence Award, sponsored by Hollis
- Engineering Consultant of the Year
- Housebuilder of the Year
- Housing Project of the Year
- International Project of the Year
- Offsite Project of the Year
- Refurbishment Project of the Year, sponsored by AET Flexible Space
- Small Project of the Year (up to £5m), sponsored by Clement Windows Group
- Specialist Contractor of the Year
- Client of the Year (accepting nominations)
- CEO of the Year, sponsored by DGP Logistics (accepting nominations)